Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stashbusting


Orange Crush is the first quilt that I use stash or scraps from quilts that I have completed. I've worked on lots of scrappy quilts, but that was usually from kits or fabric purchased for that project. I just love the memories that using scraps brings to mind. I recognize this scrap from Michelle's Squash Blossom quilt. One of the blues is from the band raffle quilt, Friendship Crossing. The neutrals are from Garden Magic that Kathy received. Other blues are from Blueberry Pie that my son sleeps in each night. It's a comfort to use these scraps in another project. I don't know what Orange Crush will look like. It's a Mystery Quilt from Bonnie at Quiltville. I do know that I will love it because it will remind me of the people and quilts that I love.

 (Top photo is my son's quilt Blueberry Pie. The second quilt was made for his high school marching band to raffle. Both patterns are designs from my friend and mentor, Pat at Silver Thimble Quilt Company.

1 comment:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Ohhhhh, I love, love, love that Friendship Crossing. Where can I get that pattern (because I don't have enough). *wink wink nudge nudge*