Friday, October 10, 2008

Elm Creek Quilts



A new book for the weekend! I just picked up the new title in the Elm Creek Quilt series The Quilter's Kitchen from my public library. I went back to work on Wednesday after being home for six weeks recuperating from my hip surgery. I paced myself Wednesday and Thursday, but today was "too much fun" and I'm beat. My husband just left for his weekly high school football game (one of his passions). I'm going to eat left-overs, then head upstairs to read Quilter's Kitchen. This is one of my favorite ways to begin the weekend. I'll report back later this weekend. Take care!

6 comments:

SueR said...

You must be glad to be feeling better and back to work. I read a couple of Jennifer's books and really enjoyed them. My problem is, once I start reading I can't put the book down and nothing else gets done! Have a fun weekend.

Unknown said...

Yeah...next step to full recovery!!
Enjoy your weekend. I am going to see if I can be a little bit productive this weekend. Fell asleep on the couch last evening, si I am already behind!
Talk to you soon...I miss our chats

Karin

Carol said...

I know even if you are tired it is good to get back to a normal routine. Remember to take it easy.

Mary Johnson said...

Sounds like a perfect way to rest up from going back to work! I'm tired from traveling and will probably spend some quality time with a book today myself.

Gretchen said...

I bet everyone is glad to see you back at work! Hope you are enjoying the new book. Mine should come any day now at the library.

Susan Tidwell said...

I just picked this book up yesterday at the library, how did you like it? Found your site listed at Quilting Gallery, Georgia Quilting Bloggers. Howdy neighbor!