Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Done - Finally!


The  cookies and banana nut bread have been baked. All the packages are wrapped and under the Christmas tree (oh why do I wait so late?) We even did some house cleaning. I dusted. You would think for someone who is allergic to dust and dust mites that I might get to this more often. The thing about dusting every 3 months is that you can really tell the difference :)



The last quilt is finally completed. I just finished the last stitch to the Sassy Sixteen quilt for my godchild/niece who turned 16 this year. We will see her on Saturday. She lives in Baton Rouge.We leave on Friday to drive to Louisiana to visit my Dad and my husband's mother. They are both living in assisted living communities. This past year has been difficult for both of them. It's rather depressing, but we are blessed to still have them with us.

Please say a prayer for  Marion's nephew's family. His wife is pregnant with their first child. She was hospitalized yesterday. The baby is about 32 weeks. They are in California and on their own. The baby is a girl - Baby Kate. As much as we are anxious for her arrival, we would love for her to wait a bit.

Merry, Merry Christmas, dear friends!!! May this be a special time for you and your family.

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Gretchen said...

Merry Christmas and safe travels. The quilt is so happy and cheery I am sure your niece will love it.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend. Have a safe trip to La. The quilt is beautiful

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Beautiful quilt..safe journey...and lots of prayers for the new mom and baby.

Pat

Susan said...

I think that you dust more often than I do!
I hope you have a good visit with your family.
I hope and pray that baby Kate arrives well and strong. My daughter arrived at 33 weeks and she is 35 now.