Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Adjustments



Off balance, that's what I am. I can't seem to get back into a blogging or sewing rhythm since I started back at school/work a month ago. Thank you for your patience and understanding! There are lots of adjustments this year even if most of them are minor. DH and I are adjusting to being "us" for the first time ever in our relationship. We've always had one of the boys in our daily life. We're rather liking this "just us" but it's "an adjustment." Michael is liking college. He will be home this weekend for the Labor Day holiday. It's an "adjustment" relating to this "child on his own." At school, there are lots of adjustments with budget cuts, employee reductions, retirement woes. I'd really love to retire and work part-time, but those jobs were the first to go in this budget crunch. I'm really trying to focus on my work, trying to make my students and teachers feel special, attempting to bring joy into my media center, trying to energize my attitude. This is an "adjustment." I'm really enjoying my work with our students, but this getting up two hours earlier and working nonstop for 8 hours takes some "adjustment." My Dad is requiring more care. There have been lots of e-mails and telephone calls discussing what is best for Dad. None of us live near Dad. This next week we are moving him to an assisted living facility in Baton Rouge, near one of my brothers. It's difficult watching him lose ground mentally and physically. It's an "adjustment", but we are grateful to have him still with us. We are grateful to give him the care that he so lovingly gave us many years ago.

So please be patient with me. I'm trying to rediscover my blogging rhythm, trying to "adjust."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, Hang in there it seems ther is always something to adjust to. Hope everything works out with your Dad. Thinking of you. Teresa

Gretchen said...

It's been a rough year for changes, adjustments, and big hurdles hasn't it. We are all in this together and together we will get through it all :) I didn't sew all weekend but did some tonight just simply sewing some jelly roll strips together and it was great.

~Laurie~ said...

Don't worry - blogging should be no pressure - just keep surfing when you have a minute or two and when you are ready to post, you will. We'll wait for you!!
laurie

Unknown said...

Not to worry..if you are MIA too long, I'll pick up the phone...Next weekend Thimbles again.....wootwoot-can't wait. See you then

Karmen said...

Please take care of yourself during this time of "adjustment." You deserve the best for being there for family and all those at work! I look forward to seeing you at Thimbles...Karmen

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Seems lots of people are "adjusting" these days, myself included. I was reminded this morning of all the good things in my life and the need to stay focused. Everything happens for a reason, and it all works out in the end. Hang in there, and "adjust" one day at a time!