Friday, May 21, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival






Today is the beginning of one of my favorite online events. Amy from Amy's Creative Side is hosting an online quilt show. If I remember correctly, this is the third Bloggers Quilt Festival. It is fascinating to visit each of the blogs and view the different quilts and quilting styles. 

This has not been a very productive sewing year for me. I have finished very few projects. I blog about most of my projects and didn't want to bore you my friends with photos of projects you've  seen many times. This is also my third time to participate in the Bloggers Quilt Festival. I thought about my finished quilts and  looked through digital photos for inspiration.

This quilt is called Parkview Friendship Crossing. The pattern, Friendship Crossing is one of my favorites designed by Pat Wys of Silver Thimble Quilt Company. This was a raffle quilt. Several years ago, I was asked to make a quilt for my son's high school marching band to raffle for a fundraiser. The school colors are Orange, Blue and White. Blue and white are two of my favorite colors to use in quilts, but not ORANGE. This is Not a color in my color palette. I wanted to make it as scrappy as I could. It was one of the first quilt that I choose ALL the fabrics. My friend Brenda went with me on our personal field trip to select the fabrics. I love how the colors sparkle in this top. This quilt has gone off to live with another family. Wish I would have purchased more raffle tickets so that it still lived with my family of quilts:)


38 comments:

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Fabulous raffle quilt. I love working with white and aqua fabric, but not so much the dark blues.

Beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

This quilt really turned out amazing. You did such a great job using the colors. Everything about this quilt just pops.

A Garden of Threads said...

Stunning!:)

Carol at Serendipity said...

Beautiful quilt! Colors work.

Carol

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I love the color combination that you used!

Unknown said...

We had a great time on that shopping trip. The quilt turned out great.

Teresa said...

I have never used much orange either - but it looks great in this quilt. Very nice!

Melinda said...

Great quilt - I like all of Pat's designs. Good work with a color that is a challenge to you.

merrily row said...

A beautiful quilt. Think of the orange as close to "LSU gold". My beginning quilting class instructor said, "always put a piece of a "mustard" color in a quilt to make the other colors shine." It certainly works in this one.

Carol said...

The quilt is lovely. Bet whoever won it enjoys it a lot.

Michelle said...

Stunning! The pattern is gorgeous, and you did a marvelous job using the orange. :-)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

very nice work! thanks for sharing!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt! Lovely fabric choices.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It turned out great and I know what you mean about orange not being one of your colors, not one of mine either.

Allie said...

What a gorgeous quilt - LOVE the color combo! Love the pattern too!

Karen said...

Stunning quilt. You have balanced the colours wonderfully. i am beinging to warm to orange myself. I have seen some great quilts lately using ornage.

Leslie said...

this is such a beautiful quilt. you did a wonderful job

julieQ said...

I think sparkling is a great descriptor! Very pretty, and thank you sharing!

Mom said...

great quilt!

margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Kim Brackett said...

Great quilt! I'm not usually a fan of orange, either, but it looks so pretty in this quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Marie said...

What an eye catcher. Beautiful quilt

Unknown said...

It's so pretty! I love the orange that you used :) Thanks for sharing!

Sew Lovins said...

Love the color palette and how they interact...gorgeous

Kim said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Nice pattern.

QuiltSue said...

The colours are lovely.

Sharon said...

Love the colors you used...great quilt!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a beautiful quilt - that family is lucky to have it! Nice job!

Miri said...

Terrific quilt! Love the sparkle! What a fabulous quilt for a raffle...lucky winning family!

Randi said...

Great quilt.

Paula Lynn said...

Congrats from a fellow Bingo player!

Your name was drawn today over at In Stitches for the Spring Fever Bingo.

Yeaaaa for you!

Carrie P. said...

A very Beautiful quilt. And congrats on winning the springtime bingo.

Susan said...

Orange isn't one of my favorite colors either, but I really like this quilt!

Guess What! I was one of the Moose on the Porch winners for block 6!!

Kerry said...

Hi Becky,
I love the blue/orange/white quilt! Congratulations on your win at bingo too!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is great and the story behind very special as band was a big part of our family life for years. Yeah for parents that support the band.!

SewCalGal said...

Spectacular quilt. Lovely colors, design. You did a fantastic job! Love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

great quilt and i love all the colors in it, plus the design is a wonderful one. nice that you contributed this lovely work to a good cause

Sandra said...

what a great quilt, love the colors and the interlocking patterns.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com
there are a couple of orange quilts.

Amy said...

very pretty colors.what a lucky family to have this quilt.Thanks for sharing,Amy