Saturday, November 1, 2008

Getting Back to Normal


Today was an absolutely gorgeous Fall day here in Georgia. Our son is a senior in high school so we did another college visit. We drove about two hours to central Georgia to tour one of the colleges that he is interested in attending. The drive was beautiful. The leaves are finally beginning to look like Fall.  The college visit was a good one. Our son liked this school. He has already applied to his first choice, but needs a back-up plan just in case. The competition is rather fierce at his fist chocie, UGA in Athens.  I worked on binding for our Christmas quilt while we were driving. I love the handwork sewing down binding. This one is close to being finished. I also worked on it when we got home. My husband loves football especially college football. I put clothes washing and sat with him to watch the Georgia/Florida game. Since we are big LSU fans , it didn't matter to us which team won. LSU lost to both teams this year. Guess we would have liked  for both Georgia and Flordia to lose today, but.....   Anyway, I'm almost finished sewing binding on this quilt. That means we will have our first Christmas quilt this year!!! 

It's been nine weeks since my hip replacement surgery. I'm finally beginning to feel normal again. I always felt good, but thinking and doing complex things was a bit difficult. But that has past and I'm thankfully doing most everything. Since my energy level has improved, I'm hoping to do some sewing and blogging this week .

Take care! Hope to be back soon!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome back to the living with joint replacement. It does take time for everything to feel normal. We also watched the Florida/GA game- even though we are Ole Miss fans- we beat Florida!!

SueR said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better all the time, Becky, it's been a long haul for you.

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a grat fall day! Good to hear that you are getting back to normal!!!!!