Saturday, April 10, 2010

Making Hand Cream

For at least a year, I have carried a copy of the ingredients needed to make homemade cream. I wish I remembered the original blog I copied it from, but just can't remember. Recently, Judy at Patchwork Times blogged about making her own homemade lotion. It was the same recipe that I had in my purse. Judy mentioned purchasing her Vitamin E cream at a Dollar General Store. The dollar store near my home is a Dollar Tree.  Each dollar store carries different merchandise so I didn't even bother to look at the one that is convenient for me. Very near my brother's home in Baton Rouge, there was a Dollar General. One evening after visiting with my Dad, I stopped and purchased the items that I needed to make the hand cream. This morning, I whipped up a batch. I emptied all the ingredients into a mixer, then put it into two containers. I'll have to use my homemade lotion for a time to see if it's worth the effort. I probably should have purchased Johnson's baby lotion and Vaseline petroleum jelly. Here is the recipe for the Homemade Hand Cream:
                              
 Homemade Hand Cream:
16 oz. baby lotion
8 oz. Vaseline
8 oz. Vitamin E Cream


(I have a photo of the finished product, but Blogger is doing something different this evening. Maybe, I can get it to load tomorrow)


5 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing. My hands have been exceptionally dry this past winter. I'm going to give this cream a try.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I made the recipe about a month ago and I love it...I use it as a body lotion not just for hands!! It is terrific.

Pat

julieQ said...

I have all the stuff, I just need a little time to get it together! Thank you for the reminder of the recipe.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Let us know how it works. I might have to try some.

borlando54 said...

I received two jars of this lotion from my daughter who made it with her mother-in-law down in Branson, and it is wonderful. It really makes my feet soft, better than anything else I have tried, in just one night. It smells terrific and it is pink and pretty. I love it.