Thursday, July 29, 2010

Facebook and Luck

Like many folks, I have a Facebook page. I'm a bit reluctant to post on my Wall, but I do read and connect with family and friends that way. Last week, I received an e-mail from my friend Gretch with the subject line "You Lucky Dog..." Grechen had discovered before I did that I had won a gift certificate from the Fat Quarter Shop on their Facebook page. How cool is that!!! In this contest, the folks at FQS were trying to get over 3,000 Likes for their page. Of course, I clicked the "like" button. I do read their posts regularly. Lady Luck stepped in and I won a gift certificate for $50.00 in this contest. I was stunned. Definitely surprised!

Once a week, there is a special on the FQS Facebook page just for Facebook fans. Last week, the entire Wrapped in Paisley collection by Kansas Trouble was on sale for 50% off. It was a one day special. I quickly pressed the buttons and ordered the fat quarter collection of Wrapped in Paisley using my "lucky" gift certificate. My parcel arrived by UPS on Wednesday.
This Moda fabric line is luscious. I wanted to purchase some yardage on our trip in June to the quilt shop in Blue Ridge, but remembered my fabric budget and resisted.
This fabric is "speaking to me." I'm dreaming of a new project. Thank you Kimberly and Jocelyn from Fat Quarter Shop!!! What a generous give-away! What luck!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a nice little surprise!

Terry said...

Congratulations on your Fat Quarter Shop win! Love those fabrics too! :0)

Gretchen said...

Great loot!!! Can't wait to see what your project is going to be!!! Love the new blog look. Is that blue wicky-wack?

Linda said...

So happy for you. That is a wonderful fabric line! Enjoy, enjoy!

Dana Gaffney said...

Great fabric and thanks for the tip. I went to The Fat Quarter Shop on facebook and found a nice sale.

Chartreuse Moose said...

What a delightful surprise! Can hardly wait to see what creative juices can do with that wonderful bundle of fabrics! Enjoy! Thank you for a lovely blog!

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Wow! Love Moda anything but you got a great deal there! I am off to find them on Facebook...thanks for the tip!

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your win and wow, those fabrics do look gorgeous.

I want to thank you for telling me about the Boswick "thread" series. I am reading the third book now - I can never keep the titles straight - and just loving every word of it. I feel like these ladies have become my quilting buddies too!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky, you always win stuff. Love the fabric you selected.

Micki said...

The fabric is lovely...Have fun with it!
Micki

Susan said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you're going to make with that gorgeous fabric!