Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sewing


My special word for 2011 is SAVOR.

–verb 
.

to perceive by taste or smell, esp. with relish: to savor the garden's odors.

to give oneself to the enjoyment of: to savor the best in life.

 I originally planned for my word to be Celebrate. I do want to celebrate each day, each moment, but SAVORING each day, each person, each opportunity seemed to be the easiest way to Celebrate!

Sewing! Two days in a row I actually did some sewing. Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours with Pat in her "sewing tower". What a delightful time! I mostly prepared Scrappy Nines for the longarm quilter and pinned some components together, but it involved parts of the quilting process.

Today, I only had an hour and a half in my sewing room, but I enjoyed each minute. Adding borders to a quilt top is often the place that I abandon a project. At least a year ago, I put Christmas Lights in a plastic container to let it age. I'd love to have more Christmas quilts in our home next year. This project
is getting closer to being a "real" quilt. I measured and added the black inner border. I took it easy and enjoyed just doing that step. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of time tomorrow to add the outer border. Thanks, Kelly and Kris for hosting the virtual sewing party. Let's do it again real soon!

9 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Becky - your quilt is gorgeous -love it! So glad you did some stitching with us - and that you're savoring some sewing time!!!

kimland said...

LOVE your Christmas Lights. This one is on my list of "to do" currently residing in my head!

Darlene said...

Oh Becky is stunning!

Allie said...

Oh that is too beautiful - what a delightful quilt to savor!

julieQ said...

Your Christmas Lights quilt sparkles!!

Linda in Calif. said...

Very pretty! This is one quilt you can savor as you make it because it's so pretty!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Becky, look at that detailed piecing. Good job! Stick with it!

Unknown said...

Love your Christmas lights.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Looks great! Love the blues and greens!