Friday, January 28, 2011

An Unplanned Break

What a month! I totally did not plan to abandon my blog this month. January has just been different:) I feel very behind in my posts, but let's just jump in and begin. 


My first finish for 2011!!!!! 
I've been working on my black and white version of Scrappy Nines for months and months. This pattern is wonderful. Lots of nine patches, but a great project for lots of sewing while visiting with other quilters. I had planned to work on other projects on my UFO list, but this project was actually under the needle of my machine and all over my sewing room. I didn't complete the numbered quilts from Judy's UFO challenge (Saturday Sampler) or Nancy's challenge (Christmas Lights), but a finish is a finish:)  I have begun cleaning my sewing room. I'm trying to do major cleaning while sorting. I've located the projects on my UFO list and placed them where I can easily reach them. 


More later....   Have a wonderful Friday!

5 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love your top...the black/white is beautiful!

Darlene said...

Wowzer - when I opened your blog this quilt took my breath away - it's stunning, Becky!

julieQ said...

That is one gorgeous finish!! I really love the graphic-ness of it...hey, is that a word??

Quilter Kathy said...

A finish is a finish...and this is a great one...congratulations!