Friday, November 4, 2011

Bloggers' Fall 2011 Quilt Show

Twice a year, Amy  hosts the Bloggers' Online Quilt Festival. It is a visual treat for quilters. Today is the last day to post to her site, but the quilts will remain on her blog to enjoy. The last time I looked there were almost 600 quilt entries. 
My entry this Fall is White Chocolate. This is a UFO that I have finally finished. It is in the book Spotlight on Neutrals by Pat Wys. I supersized the quilt and made it king size. I wasn't sure about my choice of fabrics for this project. I used only neutrals that I had in my stash. I was afraid that some of the tones wouldn't "play well together", but once the blocks were arranged and the top was quilted, it worked. This quilt was made in honor of my mother. Although, she wasn't a quilter she valued quilts and always wanted a handmade one. Unfortunately, by the time I began quilting she was no longer with us. It will be gifted to my brother and sister-in-law this Christmas season.

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow Becky, your quilt is beautiful!! I love your choice of colors.

Janet said...

I always think I don't like browns/tans/neutrals, but this is gorgeous!

Heidi Grohs said...

Hooray to an FINISHED UFO! Really nice neutral colored quilt that is beautiful!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I love neutrals, what a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Editfolt said...

Greetings from Hungary. I really like your quilt. Beautiful colors, and stitching.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

This quilt is gorgeous! I love neutrals together like this. Reminds me of latte. Yummy!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

My favorite quilt pattern - the log cabin. The neutrals look great! The quilt will be treasured by your family at Xmas!
Mrs.Hearts
busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com

Quilt Genius said...

what a beautiful monotone quilt. love it!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful stash quilt! It looks right up my alley, but I can't ever keep enough of those colors in stock!