In 2011, I signed up for several UFO Challenges. This did help to motivate me to complete projects and have deadlines. I plan to work on UFO's again in 2012. This is my list of projects to focus on in 2012.
1. Red and White AP&Q calendar quilt -
2. Eventide in French General Fabrics from Quilt-along
3. Patches & Pinwheels (Bonnie Hunter pattern; swap project)
4. Machine applique Pumpkin Blocks
5. Flannel quilt in Buggy Barn fabrics; on Design Wall
6. Chelsea Lane BOM from SNQ
7.Retirement Quilt with signatures and book titles
8. Blue and white BOM from QE (one of my oldest UFO's)
9. Star Gazy in black and tan
10. Christmas Pineapple blocks
11. Green, black n white BOM from PC
12. several Schnibbles in progress
At the same time, I don't want to restrict myself to just "old" projects. I do want to embrace new projects. I've already made a commitment to several new "creative" endeavors and know that I will begin others as the year progresses. A blog that I discovered in the past couple of weeks is Cat Patches. Barbara is motivating her followers to begin a new project each month. Well, that appeals to me, too. Read more about this NewFO Challenge here.
1. Our guild is doinig a 12 Days of Christmas BOM. I've already paid my $$$ to join this fun.
2. Twister batik quilt for my cousin. Fabric is purchased for this one. It's a technique I'd like to learn.
3. Blueberry Crumb Cake. Love the fabric, but need inspiration on the pattern
4. Blue & tan swap
5. E-reader cases
6. Swap projects with Thimblettes
7. Year of Schnibbles
Sinta and Sherri are hosting their 3rd year of small quilt projects. I already have the pattern for January's project, Full House.
Choosing a word of the year has been helpful, too. Last year my word was Savor - enjoy. The word that seems appropriate for this year is STRETCH. Reach out or stretch in relationships, reading choices, sewing techniques and projects, spiritual time, movement and communication.
2011 was a year of many blessings! Welcome to 2012 and all its blessings and challenges!