Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Die is Cast



Autumn Ridge ... A good number of years ago. Maybe, 4. Maybe 5. Gretchen, Karin and I traded strips to make the Autumn Ridge quilt from the book The Best of Black Mountain Quilts.


 (Wow. The website said this book is currently out-of-print) Gretchen sewed her strips into  a quilt. Karin and I still have bags of 2 1/2 inch strips. Friday, I located the plastic box with the red, green, purple, gold, and tan strips. I have the component parts cut. Tomorrow, I begin sewing on my very own Autumn Ridge. I'm a poky sewer. I hate to post this blog because Karin will still probably complete her quilt top before I do. 






I'm not sure who this completed Autum Ridge quilt belongs to. I took a photo of it during shop hop one year. I'm thinking it belongs to Pat or Debbie or Sandy. Anyone recognize their quilt top?


7 comments:

Carol said...

My Autumn Ridge is still in a bag-- never been touched. I did finish the Watermelon quilt at was offered the same month.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

You know that when I travel or go into the hospital...that quilt goes where I go. It is in my lap right now. So I will be sleeping under it while we are on our trip..beginning tomorrow.. You can look at it and sew faster!

I think the quilt in the photo is mine..the kit was done at Quilting Essentials.

Pat
see you in the morning..can't wait

Gretchen said...

Well it's about time (of course mine isn't quilted yet...) Y'all have fun sewing in the mountains!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Lori said...

I love that quilt! I have that book too.Happy sewing.

yomama ann said...

I bought the last kit at QE when they went out of business - cheap! Seeing this makes me want to get it out of the "Kits for Retirement" box and get it made. Of course then I'd have to put it in the UFO box since I would start it and then not finish it since I bought 2 Thimbles kits this quarter, even though I had mentally limited myself to one per quarter. Funny how this always happens! Ann W.

Unknown said...

Guilt.......now I will have to go locate my set of strips somewhere in the sewing room. Gretchen will be on my case if I don't start it!! I have the top done from the Pinhead quilt from those many years ago...not quilted of course. also the watermelon one....on the to be quilted list. Have fun in Blue Ridge

Mary Johnson said...

I've made that quilt too -- on of the few I've made in recent years from an actual pattern. Mom liked it so much she made 3 -- one for her, one for my brother, and one for my uncle -- of course I got to quilt them all.