Friday, July 17, 2009

Cobbled Court Quilt Series Continues....





I keep forgetting to share with you the next installment of the Cobbled Court book series by Marie Bostwick. The first book, A Single Thread was quite goo.


Lots of interesting characters with a serious plot-line. I love almost any story that includes quilts, fabric and/or a quilt shop. This series includes all these plus a close-knit group of quilters.
A Thread of Truth, which was released this Summer, continues with many of the same characters. Ms. Bostwick does a marvelous job introducing the topic of domestic violence in this book. Her characters grow and develop in the story. I particularly love her character of Howard, who has fabulous color-instincts. If you're looking for something to read this Summer, give yourself a treat with A Thread of Truth. I'm looking forward to the next installment in this series. More information can be found on Ms. Bostwick's website.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this book too. Glad you liked it.

Susan said...

I've read both of these books, and I really enjoyed them!

Darlene said...

Becky, thank you for sharing. This author is new to me so I'm going to search for both books.

Anonymous said...

I bought the first book and posted it a few days ago. I haven't started it yet...several other quilters have read it and seemed to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing title of 2nd book.

retdairyqueen said...

I have just found your site Saw it wriitten up on Mickis blog Would love to enter you giveaway though I'm probably in the wrong comment box
I love to make scrap quilts and my quilting group often share bits and pieces