Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas Lights Part One



Done. I've finished the steps to Part One of the Christmas Lights Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter in Quiltmaker Magazine. I do like the color combinations so far. I worked on some of the block parts during the Stitch-In, but had put it aside. Yesterday evening, I totally enjoyed working on this project. DH was out-of-town so I stayed up late sewing. It felt good to complete a task. This morning, I finished trimming the blocks with my new Tucker Trimmer ruler. All the pieces were put in a plastic container and put away until the next steps in the mystery are revealed. Check this one off my list!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Way to keep up girl...I bet you broke that ruler in gooood.

Pat

off to Knoxville

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Doesn't it feel great to be caught up!?!? I have to get back to my Mystery Quilt, too. I managed to get almost all of the first part done during my day at the Stitch-in, but I haven't touched it since. I need a week ALONE to do nothing but sew!

Micki said...

I will have to get as organized as you are.
Micki

Unknown said...

I need to get started on this one. Did you make your 4 patches out of leaders and enders or use the fabrics selected for the quilt?

Sara said...

I like those fabrics, I am sure it will be beautiful when its done! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

It's a Bonnie quilt...will be wonderful and from the looks of things ready for Christmas! Your on a roll!

julieQ said...

Very nice I am making this one too, I have just done the 4 patches so far. Yours just looks wonderful.

Aunt Niki said...

Becky - Just wondering if you're going to the Houston Quilt Show in October? Norma is thinking of going, too. Niki

Gretchen said...

I need to get started on this before the second magazine comes out. I think I've said I need to get started for three weeks now....