Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

"Friday Night Sew-in" is a virtual sewing event hosted by on the blog Handmade by Heidi. It's a monthly event where quilters/sewers join together to sew their own projects on a Friday evening. On Saturday, participants post photos of their Friday night accomplishments. For many months, I've read about other blogger's progress during the sew-ins, but wasn't able to participate. This month, I marked it on my calendar. Even though, I wasn't home sewing I was able to participate. The third Friday of the month is our Silver Thimble Club weekend. I was able to sew with other "Thimblettes" for several hours on Friday evening. I continued to sew on the components for the blocks of my black and white Scrappy Nines quilt top. 

Bit by bit, this quilt top is coming together. One small step at a time, it might be completed in time to become a Christmas gift for my SIL.

8 comments:

quiltingnana said...

that is a nice pattern...can't wait to see your version

Diane said...

I'm excited to see your finished product. I'm trying to figure out how it all goes together.

julieQ said...

Looks like you had such a fun night! Love your new project!

Karmen said...

Your quilt is going to be so beautiful! Karmen

Angie said...

Great success with your FSNI! You were on a roll. I can't wait to see this project's progress. I have a black and white quilt in my bucket list of things to make.

Creativehands said...

Hello there.
I've been searching and searching online to see if I can find a picture of a quilt from the Quilt Sampler Magazine 2003.
I read on one of your posts that you have many issues (if not all) I'm wondering if you could forward to me, or post, a picture of "A Quilter's Garden" made by some quilter's in Ringgold, Georgia?
I have a black and white photo, but would really love to see the colours and how they're arranged.
Hope you can help...thank-you. I'm a knitter and a quilter (big K-knitter; little q-quilter), but I think you have quite a nice blog here and I'll try to visit it more often!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh your quilt is coming along nicely! It's going to be so cute - looking forward to seeing it!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Can't wait to see your completed quilt!!!