Sunday, February 27, 2011

February UFO Finish

 This "BIG" beauty, Stars of Provence is my UFO finish for the month of February. My wonderful project was a "WIN" from Vicky of LA Quilter blog.


 I worked on the blocks at my retreat in September. It has been "living in plastic" since then. At our retreat in Ellijay earlier this month, my goal was to get the top completed. The room with the irons and cutting table had a large bulletin board which made it perfect to check the block arrangement and add the borders.
I'd love to use this one as a summer quilt on our bed. I'm hoping to meet with the long-arm quilter this week. I wish my photos were better. They don't even begin to show how pretty this quilt is. Thanks Vicky for sharing your stash!

14 comments:

Karmen said...

Oh Becky! It is truly beautiful! I cannot wait to see it in person. Karmen

Vicky said...

It's gorgeous, Becky! I'm delighted that you liked it and made it up! Can't wait to see it finished! Congrats on a job very well done!

Kathy said...

I think it's beautiful. I love the pattern. Nice job.

Unknown said...

I love that quilt. You did a great job.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Terrific finishing goal.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Congrats on the finish!! Nice looking quilt!!

Diane said...

Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a wonderful win and a super finish! It's a beauty for sure and I bet you can't wait to have it on the bed!

BetsyE said...

Such a nice finish! It's beautiful!

Katie said...

Good photos or not, it looks beautiful to me. And I love "living in plastic"...I'm going to have to remember that one!

JudyCinNC said...

Never met a blue and yellow quilt that I did not like. Beautiful work and a really great finish. Judy C

Kathie said...

great quilt

Donna~~ said...

Well done--it will make a lovely summer quilt!

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! Congratulations on a lovely finish. :o)