Tuesday, January 29, 2008


A Good Read

This weekend I indulged. I read something just for fun. I avoided my stack of "I need to read" books. A book that I reserved from our fabulous Public Library System (Gwinnett Public Library)  Knitting Bones by Monica Ferris was available. This is the latest title in a series of murder mysteries set in a Knitting/Needlecraft shop in Minneapolis. Now, I don't really knit, but everytime I read one of the books in this series, I want to knit my own socks. Goddy, one of the characters, knits his own white cotton socks. I love socks, especially novelty socks. I can just feel a pair of socks made with some of the luscious new yarns. I just might have to break down and take a knitting class at the shop in Lawrenceville, The Yarn Garden. Knitting Bones was a soothing, comfort book. This book has a crow in the storyline. Made me laugh and think of my quilting friends "The Crows." Betsy, the shop owner, has a cat which made me think of my friends, Gretchen and Karin and their cats.  It's a quick read. The first book in the series is Crewel World. Let me know what you think of the series if you give it a try.

Happy Reading!





2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Don't tell Pat you want to learn to knit. Remember what she said to me and Melisa!! LOL!

Unknown said...

I am going on line to reserve a copy of the first book. I too love our library system and your last recommendation was wonderful!!
Karin