Monday, November 29, 2010

Design Wall Monday


Wow! It's been some time since I posted what was on my Design Wall. That could be because there was NOTHING on my design wall. There was not alot of action occuring in my sewing loft. Last week, I began working on my project for the Secret Santa Swap. I've actually been planning and plotting all along, but wasn't getting the right "feeling." I know you know what  I mean. I purchased a jelly roll and a bit of yardage of Kate Spain's, 12 Days of Christmas (it's Brenda's fault). I began a Christmas tree skirt. Somewhere in the haze of the pain medications following my surgery, I did have the clear thought that I'm not much of a machine quilter on a good day. What makes me think I'll do better post jaw surgery. So I changed my plan:) 



I'm making a Good to Go bag from Silver Thimble Company using the jelly roll strips (cut down the length). I do love string piecing and I've been successful with this bag in the past. Today, is SEWING DAY. The bag must be finished to bring to the post office tomorrow. The photo on my wall is of the 8 blocks that make the front and back of the bag. Back to the sewing room to finish! See other Design Wall projects on Judy L's blog Patchwork Times.

P.S. Thanks to all the kind words of encouragement about my jaw surgery. I followed doctor's orders and my two weeks of "self-imposed" sofa time is up. I'm completely off any pain medications. DH is turning the key each night on my jaw expander. I drove yesterday with success. I still don't have a complete day's energy, but breaks are scheduled. I still have some bruises on my face and neck, but it's definitely improved. 

15 comments:

Laura said...

Love the blocks and I'm glad that your recovery is going well!

Libby said...

Beautiful string blocks!! Glad you are feeling better!

Melinda said...

I am so glad you are doing better. I love your string blocks.

Diane said...

Fun blocks! I bet the bag will be darling.

Remember that it takes a long time to recover completely from this surgery - a small loss of energy is to be expected. I'm sure you'll do great!

quiltma said...

Ohhhhhhhh LaLa

Anonymous said...

Gosh darn...love that line of fabric and these blocks!!

QuiltSue said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

Love your string blocks.

Quilthaze said...

Those blocks look gorgeous - I love the fabrics! So glad you're recovering too.

Charlene S said...

String quilts are always interesting so a string purse has to be fabulous. Surgery is always a slow recovery process so remember to go slowly b/c if you don't the problem you cause will last the rest of your life. Take care of you!

Michelle said...

I like what's on your wall!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Darlene said...

Sweet, sweet string blocks! Someone is going to be very excited to receive that quilt.

I'm glad you're feeling much better, Becky.

Unknown said...

Your blocks look great. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Pat said...

Becky, please e-mail me privately regarding your surgery. I have been wearing an appliance for TMJ, etc. for 18 years. I have always been terrified of the surgery.

I would love to know your situation, doctor, etc.

Glad to hear you are doing well and off the pain meds. Sounds like everything has been successful!

Thank you,
Pat Robinson
quilter01@charter.net
plr2@cdc.gov

Laurie said...

Becky,

Thank you so much for my gifts! I love the table runner and I absolutely LOVE the tote bag! I'm using it today when I go shopping.

Hope your feeling better everday post surgery!
Again, thank you!
Have a wonderful holiday season.
Laurie

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Becky - love that fabric, and what you're doing with it! Goodness, that sounds terribly painful. I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend - and getting to sew some!!