Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Suggestions

Hi Friends! I have two quick things that I need help with today. I am leaving in the morning to drive to Baton Rouge to spend a few days with my Dad. During my trip to BR this summer, I tried to visit a quilt shop that I had previously visited only to find it closed. Anyone have a suggestion or two of a quilt shop that I can "visit" on Friday or Saturday? Thanks for any and all input!


Secondly, I have had e-mail from a wonderful blogging friend who works at the War Veterans Home in Reserve, Louisiana. I can't find your e-mail address.  Please e-mail me again. Your information on the veterans home was invaluable. I plan to visit the facility while in Louisiana this week.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry but I don't have have any suggestions. Have a safe trip!

Aliene said...

Have you checked out Ponchatoula La. about a 45 mile drive. It is called Antique City. I was raised there but live between Baton Rouge and Ponchatoula. Several blocks of Antique Shops.
You might want to check out Denham Springs antique Block. It is right out of Baton rouge.

Anonymous said...

Do a search..........quilt shops in/around Baton Rouge.............. and your will find your answer. I just did this.Joan

Unknown said...

Have a great trip. Sorry I can't help with quilt shops in LA. Hope you find a great one.

Diane said...

I'm no help, but have a good trip!

Charlene S said...

In Baton Rouge, there is a shop on Sherwood and for the life of me I can't think of the name b/c I seldom went to it. Now it is the only one that I know of in BR. In Lafayette there is Borne Quilters. Another shop in driving distance is Sew This in Abita Springs and there are 2 more shops in that area. The names escape my memory. Bright Hope is one in Manderville - going in opposite direction as Abita Springs on 59. Sorry I am so bad with names.

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I'm so glad you found the War Home, but I was already on my way to Houston by the time you sent this. I hope everything works out for you and your family.
Loretta