Books to donate to the guild library, Christmas fabrics, Ghastlies FQ, charms.... I will probably continue to remove some of the non-quilt shop fabrics and add some additional quilt shop quality fabric. The art director at my MIL's assisted living can use the old fabric for art and crafts. I like to use only quilt-shop quality fabrics in my sewing so that is what I am adding to the box.
Here are some of the items that I added to the box:
Music, dots, black and white....
I Spy charms (each charm is different)
thread (I organized my thread stash this week. These spools need to go to a home that will use them)
Patterns (2 of my favorites for precuts - Sassy Sixteen and Tic Tacs)
and wool pieces from thrift shop wool that I recently felted.
Here are the rules:THE TRAVELING STASH RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should not feel guilty in tossing it out.
- Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
- Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
- You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items. Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :)
The Leap Year Traveling Stash begins today, June 29th and ends on Friday, July 6th. To enter the giveaway, please give DH and I suggestions on how to celebrate the Fourth of July. We are in code red air alerts and record breaking temperatures here in Atlanta. We want to have fun, but stay COOL:) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway! Happy Fourth of July!!!!!!