Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A UFO Finish for May


This past week, I spent three lovely days at Brenda's cabin in the north Georgia mountains near Blue Ridge. Brenda blogged about our visit on her blog. At the top of my sewing list was to add borders to my retirement quilt. I needed additional yardage for the borders. The fabric came in the mail just in time for me to take this project with me to the Cabin. This is one of those quilts that is not very "photogenic." It is lovely in person. The blocks are signature blocks signed by wonderful co-workers, book club members and dear forever friends. In addition, each forever friend wrote the title of their favorite book. The Library Dragon, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Quiltmaker's Gift, The Mitford books, and Rebecca are just a few of the titles mentioned. This quilt is on my UFO list for 2012. It's probably not the right number for May, but it's a finish. That's all that matters for me:)

2 comments:

Darlene said...

It's lovely! Adding the name of their favorite book is such a fabulous idea.

Diane said...

So pretty! And what great memories attached to it.