Friday, April 1, 2011

Atlanta Shop Hop Day Two

It's a week later and I still have many photos from Shop Hop to share. Don't want you to miss visiting the other great shops we visited. Friday was a day to run errands. My circle  was enlarged slightly to visit the two quilt shops closest to my home. Intown Quilters is located in Decatur, Georgia. Intown was a coffee house, one of my favorite places.  This is the shop for lovers of brights, batiks and "modern" fabrics. There is an extensive collection of 1930's fabrics that I have a hard time resisting.
This fabulous quilt is an upcoming class called "Hot Flashes." 

The shop has an abundance of patterns for clothing, bags, children's styles.
Love the color in Intown's Shop Hop Quilt
a wall of Kaffe Fassett fabrics


The shop closest to my home is Patchwork Cottage in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Patchwork Cottage morphed into a haunted house.
Beware of nurse Sandy, rotary blade accidents are her specialty.
Our passports were stamped by the resident witch.
Mita the Fortune Teller with a serious prediction on future quilting trends. 
Mita, shop owner, with her welcoming smile for shop hoppers.
Wonderful
quilts and samples
transformed the "Haunted House."

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great photos! I love extending shop hop longer through your blog. Keep it coming :)

Pat said...

Looks like more fun. Too bad I only had one day to do shops in that area with Pat Wys and Gene in February. :(

Lori said...

the haunted house theme was great! Nurse costume was truly inspired!

Quilter Kathy said...

What great fun! I am so jealous I can't stand it...great weather, wonderful adventure and tons of inspiration....lucky!