Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Week

It's birthday week at our house.Don't you just love the LSU Garden Gnome. I didn't even know they existed. It is a gift to  DS to his Dad. Thursday was DH's day and Saturday is our oldest son's day. Since this week was a bit wild for both of them, we celebrated last Sunday. Sorry, I forgot to take photos, but the  meal and cake were fabulous:) Today, the landscapers arrived to do the work in our front yard. A tree needed to be removed, shrubbery replaced and sod added. DH was in his element. For years, we've done all the work ourselves. His treat this year was to hire someone else to do the work. 





A finished job!




Giveaways around Blogland!

Mary at Quilt Hollow has a copy of the book Country Comfort by Cheryl Wall. Cheryl has a second book coming out in the Summer of 2012 with Martingale & Company. Enter the giveaway, visit Cheryl's website. If you need a long-arm quilter for your quilts, Mary does AMAZING work.

Pat Sloan is hosting a Blog Hop for her new book, What A Novel Idea. Visit Pat's post on Monday. There is still time to visit all the blogs, but Friday is the last day.
Tuesday – 4/19/11       Carrie Nelson: - lavieenrosie.typepad.com

Wednesday  – 4/20/11
Victoria Findlay Wolfe – bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com/ 
Amy Ellis –amyscreativeside.com/
Thursday – 4/21/11
Amanda Herring – thequiltedfish.typepad.com/the-quilted-fish/ 
Barb and Mary at Me and My Sister – meandmysisterdesigns.com/blog/

Friday – 4/22/11
Gudrun Erla – gudrun.typepad.com/
Erin Gilday – http://patchworkunderground.com/blog/


Please remember to enter my giveaway for a Lapel Stick.

4 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your April birthday's sound like our May when we celebrate 3 bdays and Mother's Day too.
Your yard makeover looks wonderful!!

Diane said...

I love the yard! I love the fact that you were able to hire someone else to do it! I'm seeing some spring starting to come out around here - that means lots of yardwork coming up for me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out!!
Our birthdays are close together as well in this house....Sept we have two, Nov there is one and of course mine in Dec....done for year!

Karmen said...

Beautiful landscaping! My day is April 23, so I am taking myself to the ballet. "Carmen" is playing at Gwinnett Fine Arts. I have actually never seen it, so I am excited. MY oldest son's b-day was Monday,so we went out to eat Thursday. By the way, while the garden gnome is kinda cute, he isn't a GEORGIA gnome. (Where can I get one?) Karmen