Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just For You Quilts

One of the service projects for our local guild, Gwinnett Quilters Guild, is making quilts for the children at a local children's hospital. I'm not very proficient at machine quilting so I like to make Rag Quilts to donate. It dawned on me last week that if I didn't get busy I wouldn't have a quilt to contribute this year. My stash closet has a selection of flannel. There is a need for quilts for teen boys. Because we have lots of boys in my family, I try to purchase "masculine" flannel fabric.  Thursday, I pulled fabric and left-over batting and cut 10 inch squares. Friday and Saturday while sewing with my Thimbles friend, I sewed the blocks and began the rows. Joining the rows was a bit of a strain for my Featherweight so I waited to do that at home with my Bernina and walking foot.
Yesterday, I finished the rows, clipped the seams, added the label, washed and dried the quilt. Done!!! Today is our monthly guild meeting day. I have something for Show 'N Tell and can hand it in:) Looking forward to the guild meeting today!

7 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful quiilt! It will make a great donation quilt.

nono said...

I love it...I've been wanting to do do a Rag quilt.

Diane said...

It's the perfect thing.

mo said...

Just beautiful and looks so soft and cozy. Wondering if the back was all the same fabric.

Sandra said...

Very nice! Love the scrappy look. Some young man is sure to appreciate this.

Unknown said...

Your quilt turned out great.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

THis is going to be a well loved quilt.