Saturday, February 23, 2008

And Another One Bites The Dust...


Another top is finished!!! Yes, I've been inspired by friends Gretchen, Karin, Debbie, Judy and Pat to complete some of my beloved UFO's. Today, I measured, cut and sewed the last borders on the mystery quilt from the Quilter's Institches Guild from two years ago. The quilt top is done in Wuthering Heights fabric from Moda. I just love that fabric line. This is the third (yes, third quilt that I used fabric from that line) I originally thought this quilt would be for one of the many males in my family (Dad, husband, brothers or sons), but I think I just might keep it for me. This quilt speaks to me. I was a bit concerned that I didn't have enough fabric for the backing. I used some of it for one of the borders. Looks like I will have enough backing fabric, but I completely forgot about fabric for binding. I've looked online and don't really find any of the fabric that I would like to use. I only need 3/4 yard. I may post on Missingfabrics.com.  I was successful on that site when looking for the Moda Christmas Toile fabric. It feels fabulous to finish some of these quilt tops. That's three this week!  Yahoo!!!

Ok. Time to go upstairs and sew the backing together. I'll try to take a photo tomorrow in daylight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Becky!!!!
Doesn't it feel good to get these things done. I have even pulled out Homespun Hill and may attempt some of the "a word"!!!
Laurie fixed my comment-don't know what I did but when I checked it, now there is a comment in French!