Monday, February 18, 2008

Finally A Finish


It has been months since I've finished a quilt top. Today I finished two tops!!!!  Peace in the Valley designed by Pat Wys of Silver Thimble Club is ready to be quilted. I put the backing fabric together too.  Floragraphix is also finished, but I need to purchase backing fabric. I don't have anything in my stash that coordinates with the top. I took a picture of the completed Peace in the Valley. I'll have to take one of Floragraphix tomorrow. I also worked on some of the blocks of  Christmas Toile. I have two other quilt tops that just need borders. I'm not crazy about doing borders, but I'd love to have these two tops finished. FIU or Finish It Up! 

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Looks fabulous Becky!!! Now I want to make one....but I will be good and finish up some ones already in progress first. Congrats on TWO tops done! Gretch

Unknown said...

Becky if you used rickrack for the vine and are going to have it quilted at the shop, you need to baste the edges of the rickrack on both sides or it will roll or get caught during the quilting process. I took mine over yesterday and had to bring the top back home to baste it...and you thought you were done!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Becky! I am so glad you are coming to my crumbs class! It's going to be loads of fun! I'm even bringing a bin of my OWN crumbs for people to play with and add my stash into their mix. It's very laid back, just sew sew sew and see what we can make!

see you there!
Bonnie