Sunday, February 10, 2008

F.I.U. - Finish It Up


Several challenges have been issued. Pat Sloan on her Pat Sloan's Corner blog calls it FIU or Finish It Up. Judy L. of Patchwork  Times blog challenges her followers to Use the Stash. In all honesty, I don't have a big stash. I do have a couple of shelves with fabric and lots of Fat Quarters. I'm not as innocent as this sounds. I buy kits. Lots of kits!!!! I buy for a project and put it all in a plastic container or large ziplock bag. So my goal this year is not to buy fabric to begin new projects. My goal is to continue working on all those projects that I do so love. I seem to have an aversion to borders. There are several tops just begging to have borders added. Because my friend Karin of Life in the Slow Lane blog had the courage to put out photos of her UFO's, I took my digital camera into my sewing room. Oh gosh.....

This past week I did resist the temptation to visit one of my favorite shops. Sweet Home  was having a sale on Fat Quarters. I just couldn't visit. While at my LQS, I used a Christmas gift certificate from my hubbie to purchase some scissors for rag quilts and a pattern for fabric I purchased at Quilt Market. I need fabric for binding for Peace in the Valley, but decided to dig in my plastic containers to see if I have something that will work.

This week, I really want to attempt spending time each day in my sewing room. Nancy Z. in her Sewing with Nancy books used to recommend 15 minutes a day. I'll try that to see if I make some progress this week. 

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Becky--you are brave to post a photo of your sewing room! I think I will post a photo after this year of "Finish It Up". LOL! Gretch

Unknown said...

Becky-you go girl.....I know you can do it. I am continuing to resist. My heart really wants to go down to Sweet Home but the stash issue is just tooooo overwhelming!! I am piecing the back for Peace in the Valley- so it will be piece in the valley! I am even going to try to find something in the stash for the binding!