3 tops finished!!! That's a record week for me. I brought Peace in the Valley to the quilt shop (have to support my local shop if I'm not buying fabric :) to be machine quilted.
I added the borders to the Floragraphix quilt. I'll probably call it Dragonfly. I had to order a backing for the Dragonfly quilt. I didn't have anything in my stash that complemented the front. I think that was one of the things holding me back from finishing it.
I finally added the last border to the Guild Mystery quilt from two years ago. I just love this quilt. An empty rubber container! Yes! That makes my day. I also pieced the back for this one. I had to purchase binding fabric for this one. Seems I forgot to add that in when I purchased fabric for this top.
Purchases this year:
Fat Quarter for Christmas Toile border
4 yards for Peace in the Valley Backing
4 yards for Dragonfly backing
1 yard brown stip for Mystery Quilt binding
4 yards Peace backing
6 yards Mystery quilt backing
This afternoon was my monthly sewing at the LQS. I'm took a project that I started last year. I had everything packed in a ziplock bag. Just a few of the strips were sewn together. It's called Cross Paths. I used Sunshine by April Cornell for this project. It's a cheery quilt. I sewed the strips together. It's all ready for the next stage.
What a fun week! I'm hoping to get some sewing done this week, but have a busy work week and several meetings after school.