Sunday, March 2, 2008

Such Luck!




The past three days have just been awesome. Yesterday, I was fortunate to attend the Crumb Piecing Workshop with Bonnie Hunter in Marietta.  The East Cobb Quilt Guid had Bonnie in town for lectures and workshops. I just love using scraps and crumbs. Bonnie was an excellent teacher. She had wonderful hand-outs, great demos. and colorful quilts for us to drool over. Yesterday, I wasn't crazy about making Maverick Stars and letters, but I think I was just exhausted from our activities at school. Today, I like both techniques alot and think I will make those blocks in the future. I didn't take any pictures of Bonnie. I don't know where my head was. I did take pictures today of my blocks. Yesterday was also special because of spending the day with two of my favorite quilting friends, Debbie and Pat.  This is the third year that we spend the Saturday of the Atlanta Shop Hop Week together. Lots of sewing! Lots of laughter! Even some retail therapy, but more about that later! Missed our buddy Gretchen. Hopefully, she will join us next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you that you'd love Bonnie! She is a wonderful person and so much fun. I wish I'd been able to take her workshop, too, but Shop Hop prevailed!

Can't wait to see what you do with all you learned from her.

--Melisa

Unknown said...

I can't wait for you to show me. I downloaded the Maverick stars but I need to see it firsthand. I read your other blogs of the weekend and I am glad I was not the only one to sucome to Shop Hop! I had a ball this afternoon with my little girls-Sarah started a little quilt!