Friday, April 3, 2009

Quilting Magazines



I love magazines. I've always loved books and magazines. I remember my cousin Peg telling me when we were in elementary school that not everyone was into books and magazines like I was. It was a real relevation. A shock really! It was just what I did. I didn't realize that other people didn't escape into the printed pages like I did. 

I love getting magazines in the mail. I have at least three quilting magazine subscriptions. Today, I received two different magazines in the mail. I quickly skimmed them, but will take them with me to Louisiana to savor.

I love this quilt on the cover of American Patchwork & Quilting. It's a Miss Rosie Quilt Pattern. There's also a story on Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. Can't wait to read that!



4 comments:

Teresa said...

I am with you on the magazines - I just love getting them and looking at them over and over. I subscribe to these two plus Fons and Porter. And always have to get the Quilt Sampler - that one is my all time favorite.

julieQ said...

Fun magazines...I use them as a reward to read in the evenings, after working in the days. I really like the scrappy cover quilt! That would be perfect to use up, and do as leaders and enders...hmmm...:)

Gretchen said...

I got these two in the mail also. I love the scrappy cover quilt and added it to my to do list. I think it would be a great stashbuster quilt. There are several in the McCall's that I liked too. Hope you are having fun on your trip!

SueR said...

Ditto what Gretchen said! Love this scrappy quilt, and it's on my list too.