Monday, April 20, 2009

Quilting Podcast





What is a podcast you might ask? A podcast is rather like a radio talk show. It is broadcasted through the internet. You listen to the programs  using an Ipod/MP3 player or a computer. I've been downloading podcasts for a couple of years. I listen to them while sewing, driving, or walking. My favorite podcast is Annie Smith's Quilting Stash. Annie began the first podcast for quilters in April of 2005. She has continued to podcast a wonderful program that is entertaining as well as informative.




 Annie's latest podcast is with author Marie Bostwick. Marie is the author of the new quilting series that began with the book A Single Thread. The podcast is a wonderful interview with Marie about her writing career and her quilting. Yes, Marie is a quilter not just an author writing about quilting. I was thrilled to hear that the second book in the Cobbled Court series will be released on May26th. The books's title is  A Thread of Truth.


If you don't have an Ipod or MP3 player, you still can listen to the podcast. Go to Annie's website , look for Program 166, click on the pink button with the headphones and the word Podcast. You can listen to it on your computer. This interview is about 40 minutes. I think I'll re-read A Single Thread while waiting for the new book to hit the bookstore. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know about this. Thanks. Will have to watch for this title.

Susan said...

Thanks for explaining about podcast. I'd heard about it, but I hadn't done anything with it. I really enjoyed reading A Single Thread. I'd heard about her second book. I hope it is as good as A Single Thread!