Monday, June 21, 2010

Between Charming Friends Quilt Along


Kelly of Cotton Charm Quilts (online quilt shop) and Charming Chatter blog along with Darlene of Quilting Daze are hosting an 8 week quilt along on Kelly's blog. This is week three of the quilt along and I was finally able to begin my quilt.

Week One was selection of our fabrics. I have developed a real obsession (yes, another one) for all fabrics by Moda's French General or Kaari Meng. I have purchased charm packs of all the French General lines. This Quilt Along seemed like the time to convert some of these charm packs into a quilt. Rural Jardin was my choice for this project.
We also needed some yardage. My choice for the backgrounds was actually some yardage from the first French General fabric line, Rouenneries.
Week 2: Cut the fabric according to the directions.



Week 3:  Construct the 4 patch blocks and the 16 patch blocks


These little blocks were so much fun to sew. Looking forward to Week 4 directions on Wednesday. Thanks, Kelly and Darlene for a fun quilting project!

14 comments:

Karmen said...

Good work!

Ginger Patches said...

Cute, cute! That is going to be so pretty in Rural Jardin!!! I love French General :)

Jenn said...

Beautiful fabrics!!! I've got you in my google reader now!

Carol said...

Your blocks are WONDERFUL!

Darlene said...

Love your blocks, Becky!

carol fun said...

Great fabric choices - I've been wanting to join this but haven't had time to get to the quilt store - maybe this week --

Wacky Woman said...

Looking forward to your progress. Love your fabric selection.

Unknown said...

Love your blocks, hope to start mine next week, maybe Friday if the doctor lets me do steps.

SewCalGal said...

Coming along nicely. This will look great.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Terry said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I've printed out the directions for this but haven't had time to start yet!

julieQ said...

How pretty! I have the fabrics all picked out...and not a thing done yet!

Nicole said...

I love that block pattern--and what a terrific use of Rural Jardin! I will be watching your project unfold with interest.

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful...great fabric choice!!

Susan said...

I love your blocks and fabric choices!! It looks like easy blocks to assemble so far.