Thursday, June 3, 2010

Retail Therapy

This is rather a LATE blog post about our latest "retail therapy" meeting. The Saturday before the last week of school, Kristie of M.S. Doolitte blog, Brenda of the Quilting Cowgirl blog and I met at Sweet Home to play. (We are displaying our "end of the school year" educator smiles) I received an email from Brenda asking if I wanted to meet them at 10:00 on Saturday morning. I didn't know where we were meeting, but instantly replied that yes I'd love to meet. It was sure to be a good time no matter where we met. We couldn't have found a better place to visit than Sweet Home.  Melisa, the shop owner, was away shopping for her customers at Spring Market, but the "girls" and Mike, her husband took great care of us.


Peggy Barkle, author of the quilting book  Blendable Curves: Stack, Slice & Sew Unique Quilts in a Weekend  arrived shortly after we did. Peggy or "P.J." was teaching a class in the upper classrooms. P.J. is president of the Gwinnet Quilters Guild, an awesome quilt designer, machine quilting teacher and a professional longarm quilter.  Many of my quilts were quilted by P.J. She does awesome work.

While tempted by many fabrics, notions, books and patterns, it was an upcoming Christmas line that was my undoing. I had previously contacted  Melisa with my credit card in hand to have her reserve two charm packs of the new French General line, Lumiere de Noel for me.I'm developing a real obsession for all the Moda fabric lines by French General.  I do have a plan for these charm packs . The new 3 Sisters line, Park Avenue was very tempting, too. There have been few lines by 3 Sisters that I didn't absolutely LOVE. Thanks, Brenda and Kristie!  I'm ready for our next "outing". It's SUMMER, we've go to PLAY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun. Will definitely have to have more "therapy" this summer.