Sunday, June 6, 2010

Florida Suggestions

Next week, I have the opportunity to travel with my DH to the Clearwater/Tampa/St. Pete area of Florida. It's a business trip for him, but I can tag along for fun:) This is an area of Florida that we haven't visited before. We will drive from Atlanta to Clearwater so I will have access to a car.  Any suggestions of places we should visit, restaurants to eat, great shopping, quilt shops even?

I'm brining my laptop and camera. Hope to blog from Florida. It looks like we will have fee WiFi in certain areas of the hotel so I'll give it a try.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow Becky, you will be in my neck of the woods. By any chance is your husband coming for the AICHE meeting in Clearwater?? Yes there are quilt shops for you to visit :-) Rainbow's End is the biggest one around (Dunedin), and another one that is very nice is Country Quilts and Bears which is located on Drew Street in Clearwater. If you want an absolutely fabulous meal go to Walt's Seasonal Cuisine in Dunedin. I think he is only open in the evening, but you will not be disappointed. There are also lots of very quaint shops in Dunedin.

Unknown said...

I used to vacation in that area.....Rainbow's End is amazing!!!!!!!!

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Becky, if you get a chance visit my friend Laura at Cotton Patch Quilt Shop in Bradenton. She just moved into a new shop on June 1st and the pictures I've seen look terrific. Looks like she is right off I-75. I met Laura at Spring Quilt Market and we became fast friends! Here's her website
http://www.cottonpatchquiltshop.com/

Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Have a great trip. The only suggestion I have is a Greek restraunt in Clearwater, Pappas, it is really good.

Terry said...

I used to have an aunt and uncle that lived in Bradenton. That sure is a beautiful part of the state! Wish I could go with you! Have fun! :0)

Gretchen said...

Hope you have a great time!! I can check in my quilters travel guide if you need me to. Can't wait to hear about it!