Friday, June 4, 2010

Just For You Quilts

T

Since not a whole lot of quilting (except for fabric acquisition) has occurred in my life the past couple of weeks, I'm searching through digital photos to share projects or events that I've yet to share with you my blogging friends. Last December (yes, I've not done a good job of blogging this year) I worked on this flannel rag quilt for the "Just for You" service project for the Gwinnett Quilters Guild. The guild makes quilts for the children at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (the children's hospital). Previously, I was only able to attend the guild meetings during the summer months or take personal leave from work to attend. That will change now that I have retired from my school job. Anyway, I try to make one quilt a year to donate to this fabulous service project. I used a layer cake plus some charm packs of a Christmas line by Chloe's Closet for Moda. The precuts were aging in my stash. Rag quilts are a good option for me for this project because I don't normally do my own machine quilting. While I was pleased with the quilt, I wouldn't use charm packs for another rag quilt. I had to wash it several times and do additional snipping of the seams so that they would ravel or rag enough. I do hope that this next holiday season, this quilt will bring comfort to a sick child. With a bit more free time, I'm also hoping to make several Just For You Quilts this next year. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to see you today. Really like the Just for You quilt. I should do one.