Thursday, April 10, 2008

Four Patches - Step One

The four patches for Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush Mystery Quilt are done! I actually put all the fabric and four patches in a container and put them away until Step 2 is given. I have a terrible habit of leaving piles all over my sewing area. This week I am sorting magazines and books. I'm really trying to get my room in better order. I had about 10 sewing/quilting books that I didn't really want anymore. I knew that I wouldn't use them again. I posted the books on www.paperbackswap.com.  I love this website!  I already had 8 of the books requested by other members. I had to pay to mail the books to them (about $1.50 to $2.50 each), but I earned a book credit for each one that I shipped. I can use the credits for books that I will use or read. I sometimes am able to get an out-of-print book here too. My most recent request has been the two humorous books by LIsa Boyer (Stash Envy; That Dorky Homemade Look)  and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. There are not many quilting books, but I have received a couple through this site. I was just real pleased to make room on my shelves. I'm giving lots of my old magazines to my friend Susan to donate to her guild. I haven't even made it to the other side of the room with my projects. I still have a bit of time left before going back to work. 

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

The four-patches look great! I just finished mine and will post photo this weekend. Hope you are able to get the Stash Envy book cause I want to borrow it LOL!

SueR said...

I am still working on my four patches. Do you know if Bonnie has a page somewhere with a list of links to others who are also doing the Orange Crush mystery? I was hoping to watch others' progress as well.

Unknown said...

Good job finishing your blocks. Mine are in a plastic bag too. I will take a picture of them to post. Stash Envy was a cute book. I think I gave it to Joan at SNQ. I should go into my sewing room this weekend but probably won't. I am on a roll with Laurie's quilt. I'll post that too tomorrow. Enjoy your day.

Rhonda said...

I was surfing our ring and stumbled upon your blog. I love it. You really caught me attention with the "paperbackswap" thingy. Thanks for the tip.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love your four-patches! I read that book "Homemade Dorky Look" totally hysterical! Love that author, Mary