Monday, April 7, 2008

A Mess and a Finish

Our internet service comes and goes. I'm thinking the problem is the modem. My husband, bless him, has been the one talking with our internet provider this past week. I'll let him decide when to give them another call. For this minute it is working. It may not connect when I go to post this one.

My sewing room is getting to me. I can't stand the piles and clutter any longer. Yesterday, I spent several hours in one corner of the room. I have stacks of quilting magazines and articles from discarded magazines. I spent time making binders and organizing some of those articles. If I never buy another pattern, I still have more patterns than I can possibly make. I'll continue working on my piles of things a little each day. I cleaned off the table near my sewing machine. It was so freezing to have a clean workspace. I've got to do a better job in organizing things. I probably need another plastic storage rack for fabric scraps. I'll look for one when I'm out shopping later this week.

I am making good progress on the four patches for the Orange Crush mystery quilt. I need to pin and sew about 30 more and I'll be finished this step. It's a good task to do later in front of the TV.  I did finish another top!!!! I added the borders to my Crossed Path project. I even pieced the back and pressed both the top and backing for the machine quilter.  I took the list of projects near my sewing machine and crossed this one off!!!!! I'm really pleased with the feeling that this quilt evokes. Can't wait to see it quilted.  

I'm headed back upstairs to my sewing room. I'm loving having the week off for Spring Break!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't know if this will go through but glad to hear you are having a good week so far. Isn't is great crossing something off the list!
Just got off the phone with Laurie-I have talked to her twice since she got to Japan. She moves into her apartment on Saturday and so far she is adjusting althoughshe sounds quite tired. I have to give her frequent Bailey reports. So far so good. Bailey is eating and eliminating! She also is sleeping on the couch!
have a good week-hope you get your computer issues fixed
Karin

Susan said...

O.K. I've got an account. Now, what do I need to do? How do I get add Favorite Blogs?