Sunday, April 13, 2008

What's On Your Design Wall?

Here is what's on my design wall:



I've begun putting the blocks for my Christmas Toile quilt on the design wall. I am so glad that I have a place to put quilt tops up to examine. This top has two directional fabrics. On the border pieces, I'll need to "reverse stitch" some of the sections to make the trees go in the right direction. It's not a big deal. I'll take my time getting the blocks right. It's not like I need my Christmas quilt in the next week. This quilt is for our bed. I lusted after it for months. By the time I decided to purchase a kit,I missedd buying fabric because the shop sold out of the line. Finally, located yardage on missingfabrics.com. I've been lucky locating fabric two different times on missingfabrics.com

The following quilts were on my design wall at some time recently. 

They are taking a trip/vacation to P.J.'s to be machine quilted. I've had to stash some cash so that I will be able to bring them home from their excursion. That's Sunshine/Crossed Paths with backing, Floragraphix with dragonfly backing, and Spinning Stars out of Wuthering Heights by Moda. 

3 comments:

SueR said...

I just love this quilt, I made it a few years ago out of flannel in red and tan. The eight points coming together in the center of the block about killed me, but the end result was worth it! Lovely!

Gretchen said...

Um I don't have a design wall. I just use the floor and the cats *help* with the arranging. Can't wait to see the quilts when they return from PJ's.

Unknown said...

I have a design wall-the back of a vinyl tablecloth I got at the "J" store several years back. The problem is that it is in my seing room (mkaes sense!) But I have a hard time getting to it because of the piles of stuff on the floor! Really do need to do a "Becky" in there. Love the quilts-hope you bring them to sisters when they are done.
Do you believe this cold?