Monday, September 13, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Last night, I put the completed blocks for my brown and neutral version of Tic Tacs by Pat of Silver Thimble Quilt Company on my design wall. This is one of the projects that I would like to complete at Quilt Camp. I've moved things around a bit and still it hasn't clicked.  It does seem to help looking at a digital image instead of looking at the real thing. Any suggestions? Click over to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times to see what other quilters have on their design wall today.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I think that all your neutrals are too light. Maybe if you added some darker browns in your background it wouldn't look like black squares on a beige background.

Diane said...

I actually like the colors - not how I want every quilt, but a neutral once in a while is a great change of pace.

I don't have a great solution - borders might make all the difference.

Good luck!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I agree with Diane. Selecting the right border(s) might make all the difference in the world.

Gretchen said...

It reminds me of tile. Maybe a patterned border in darker neutral colors would make it pop.

Quilter Kathy said...

I like it! I would throw in a couple of different colours of squares...something dark...maybe a couple black ones, and a couple dark burgundy...just for fun :)