Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Intown Quilters

In the Metro Atlanta area, we are blessed with an abundance of top-notch quilt shops, quilt teachers, quilting activities and other quilting resources. On Saturday, I treated myself to a visit to Intown Quilters in Decatur, GA. The shop is about 20 minutes from my home. At my school retirement party, friends surprised me with  special gifts. A generous gift-certificate to spend at Intown Quilters (refered to as Intown by local quilters) was one such gift. Saturday was my day to "spend" the gift-certificate.




On the Intown  website, Sarah Phillips, owner of the shop describes it as "your fun, funky fabric shop." I totally agree with Sarah. The shop is filled with a riot of colors. If you like bright fabrics, this the shop for you!
 Intown carries most Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler fabrics as well as Heather Bailey fabrics and Lakehouse fabrics. This is the place to shop for bright, colorful fabrics including batiks, orientals, '30's, black and white and novelty fabrics.
 The Cat in the Hat fabric was in stock, but flying off the shelves.




 There were many samples of children's clothing, patterns, fabrics, toys and other items throughout the shop.




It was a pleasure meeting local designer Mary Abreu. Mary designs patterns for children's clothing especially little girls. Her daughter was wearing one of her "twirly" designs. 


Mary's book Little Girls, big style: Sew a Boutique Wardrobe from 4 Easy Patterns will be released by C & T Publishing in November of this year.  Mary will be at Quilt Market in Houston in November. Intown Quilters will have lots of copies available to purchase. As the mother of boys and no grandchildren on the horizon, I might have to purchase a copy for my SIL who has a granddaughter. Mary's website is Confessions of a Craft Addict. (Don't you just love that name:)
 One of Mary's designs hanging in the shop window.




My stack of goodies purchased with my gift certificate. The Christmas fabrics were on sale. I'm planning to stitch several table runners. Fabric for Christmas and winter table runners for me and MIL's new digs:) Visit Intown to add lots of color to your life:)

8 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Thanks for sharing the shop with us. Looks like you will be busy with the winter table runners created from your latest purchase.

Darlene said...

Sweet shop!

Staci said...

I enjoy your blog very much! As a way of saying thanks, you've been selected for a Sunshine Blogger Award.
Please go to this post to check it out:
http://theconfusedquilter.blogspot.com/2010/09/some-sunshine-and-bit-of-mess.html

Susan said...

I just love visiting Intown! It looks like you did well getting goodies with your gift card! It looks like you just won another prize from the comment above. You're really lucky!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice compliments about Intown Quilters. We love ahving excited customers to share all our fun stuff with.
We can't wait to see you again!

Wacky Woman said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful store with your readers. Looks like you will be busy.

Mary said...

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was great to meet you.

Marianne said...

I love Intown Quilters! I visited for the first time a year ago. Drove up from Florida to attend the Marietta Quilt Show. It's such a wonderful quilt shop!