Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

My DH is "the" cook in our family. I do know how to cook. It's just doing it daily that takes the "creativity" out of it:) DH took over the cooking when we first got married and I had to return to graduate school. Guess he got tired of baked chicken and baked potatoes (put in oven, read for an hour until done) I do love baking and making desserts. This weekend I mixed up a low sugar dessert for our guests. I did remember to take photos before I began. I usually remember after I'm finished.




Place 8 low fat graham crackers in bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
Mix 2 small sugar-free instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups skim milk. Mix well. (I like to use one large box of pudding and 2% milk because it's usually what I have in the house.
Gently fold in 12 ounces of Cool Whip lite. 
Pour half of the pudding/cool whip mixture on top of graham crackers.

Top with another 8 graham crackers. Pour remaining pudding over crackers. Top with last 8 graham crackers. ( I like fewer graham crackers and sometimes skip this step)
Mix the small instant chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups skim milk. Let sit 2 minutes. ( I love chocolate so I used the large box of chocolate pudding with 2 cups of 2% milk)
Spread over graham crackers. Let sit 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator to soften crackers. Strawberries may be served on top for garnish.
My dessert was a big hit on Sunday evening and on Monday evening with our family. I love how easy this dessert is to make. It's also great when I don't want to use the oven because it's too hot or DH has the oven filled with other items:)  Enjoy!


7 comments:

Jenn said...

My hubby is a pro at making eclair dessert! I never had it until I moved down South in 1993. He uses a can of chocolate frosting for the topping - never heard of a chocolate pudding topping - I'll have to mention it to him!

Carol said...

YUMMY!

Diane said...

I loved the "put in oven and read for an hour until done". That's the story of my cooking. That's also probably why my husband does all the cooking now too.

Kathy said...

Your dessert looks delicious!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Looks fantastic. Looks too good to be low sugar!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks great. I will have to try it.

Karmen said...

I am SO keeping this recipe!