Friday, June 6, 2008

Saturday Sisters


Tomorrow is my sewing group day!!!!  Our group is called Sisters or Saturday Sisters and it is organized through a local quilt shop. I'm getting excited about spending the day with my quilting friends. I've been trying to decide which project to take. We talk and laugh all day long so it can't be a project that I really need to be able to concentrate (like the border for Orange Crush). I've pulled two project boxes. One is a project that uses lots of neutral fabrics. It's a pattern from McCall's Quilting magazine. My friend Brenda at The Quilting Cowgirl made one that I loved.  I need to cut the blocks and begin sewing. I'm thinking of using it for a Christmas gift if I can part with it. It looks easy to construct. The other project is Bloomin' Rose again from McCall's Quilting Magazine. I have blocks from a swap on Pat Sloan's Yahoo Group several Summers ago. My blocks have a green background instead of yellow like in the picture.  I'll put them both in my van. I'll decide tomorrow which one to work on.

Wednesday was a Quiltaton Day on Judy L.'s blog Patchwork Times. I moved around my dog Rusty's annual visit to the vet so that I could sew most of the day. I was able to complete a flannel rag quilt for a graduation gift. I used the school colors of her future college, burgundy and gold. It will be hard to part with this quilt. I love the colors. The flannel is sooo soft. The best thing is that this is another project I can check off my list. It's another F.I.U. or Finish it up. It is Done!

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

See you tomorrow!!!!! The rag quilt looks great! Yummy raspberry colors

Lori in South Dakota said...

I have a set of those blooming rose blocks, only mine were made with yellow backgrounds. They are cut apart, sewn back together and all trimmed, just need a little motivation to do that. Maybe seeing yours will do that.

loulee said...

The rag quilt does look great, very cozy too.
Like you I love the look of the Neutral shades with the red stars. Yummy, I wouldn't want to part with that one.

Diane said...

Love the colors in the quilt. I have made some smaller ones. They work up fast but the lint is terrible.

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

* waving Hi from Louisiana * Love all your quilts that rag quilt is so pretty ! Your blog is just awesome , I'll be dropping by often to have a peek at all your pretty quilts
Amy
http://www.rattiemom.blogspot.com

Sue H said...

I made the neutrals/red stars quilt, and LOVED it. I made it for myself, but needed an emergency quilt when there was a sudden illness in the family -- and I gave it away. I have fabric for another one. Some day . . .

Unknown said...

My you have been busy. You are really making a dent in your stash. Keep it up.