Monday, June 15, 2009

Breakfast Club Sewing

I'm a public school librarian with free time this Summer. YES! I'm trying to do some of those "quilty" activities that my work schedule doesn't allow during the school year. One of our local quilt shops has a Breakfast Club. It's from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm several times during the month. My friend Debbie mentioned that she attends one of the sessions each month. It's always a challenge to find time to get-together and visit with Deb. At first I had a major conflict and wasn't planning to attend the June session, but that issue disappeared and I remembered Breakfast Club. On Tuesday, I sorted through my plastic container of '30's fabrics. I love the novelty of the '30's prints, but have yet to finish a project with them. The pattern for June is called Mexican Fiesta Eggs. It's alot like the Honeyberries quilt in the book 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts book by Evelyn Sloppy. I made great progress on my table quilt. All 9 blocks are in some stage of readiness.


I decided to make a smaller size project, but this is what the class sample looks like. It's in bright batiks. I think Pam C. did the piecing.


Part of the Breakfast Club class fee covers coffee and breakfast items. Sandy S, our innovative teacher had baked homemade cinnamon rolls, pound cake and chocolate cookies. It was a bad morning for watching what I ate, but it sure was good:)

8 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your breakfast club sounds like a lot of fun. I adore those 30's repro fabrics.

Helen said...

What a nice idea! I'll have to check with my quilt shop and see what they have going.

Jocelyn said...

What a really fun idea. Hope you get a lot accomplished this summer.

Waytogojb said...

Oh, Becky that is going to be so cheery! I hope to see it when you finish.
Julie

TexasRed said...

This sounds like a great way to get more quilting into your schedule!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time, maybe I can make the next one.

Gretchen said...

Oh this looks like fun. Can't wait to see your completed quilt. I have an overflowing bin of 30s too.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Oh, does that sound like fun!