Another project has been freed from it's plastic container prison. This is my version of Orange Crush, one of Bonnie Hunter's Mytery Quilts. This project has only been in a container for about a year. The blocks were all pieced and ready to be arranged. This week I put the blocks on my design wall. I'm loving the combination of the cool colors (light green, bright blue) with the bold warm color, orange. I have begun sewing the rows together. It's a big quilt and doesn't fit on my small design wall. I'm having to use my king-size bed to double check that I have the rows right since they are arranged on point. Saturday, I purchased the border fabric. We choose the blue and black fabrics to help mute the colors in my quilt top. I used orange because I had some great orange fabric left-over from a raffle quilt that I sewed for DS's high school marching band (school colors - orange, blue and white) My boys like blue so I'm hoping that one of them will decide to talk me out of this quilt :) Sewing borders is the part that I will have to motivate myself to do. Maybe by setting a small goal each day I'll get the entire top finished this week. I also need to do some cutting for a couple of additional projects this week. Next week is our all-week Stitch-in. It's easier to have the cutting done ahead of time and just sew during the stitch-in.
Have a great Monday!