Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Satellite Sewing


Like a branch library or a Summer home, I've begun moving my sewing down "South" to the dining room. Several summers go when I was exiled from my Sewing room because of the heat, I used my mechanical Bernina. It was mid-July so there wasn't much extended sewing time left since school starts for us the first week of August. Yesterday, I moved my computerized (Heavy) Bernina out of the sewing cabinet to the dining room table. There's still five weeks of glorious Summer vacation remaining. Today, I'll probably bring the computer chair and the floor Ott light, too. It's kinda fun sewing in the dining room. Like being on vacation:)

6 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Well you could put on your bikini and pretend you are sewing at the beach.

Pat

Unknown said...

Sometimes Pat is a sick cookie! I often move my cutting into the livingroom so I can watch tv or take frequent breaks on the couch!

Gretchen said...

Another great reason for having a satellite sewing room is that you can forget how messy your primary room is. I often sew on my Featherweight in the living room for just that reason!

Susan said...

Do whatever works best for you. I packed like I was going to Stitch-In, except I'm using Mom's Bernina while I'm here in TN. I have a beautiful view of the lake whenever I get up to use the cutting table. It is refreshing to have a change of scenery while you're sewing. I guess that's one reason we like Stitch-Ins and retreats so well!

Karmen said...

I really like this idea. In fact, it is somewhat better than sewing naked in a too hot room, but then again in this heat...huh?! I never considered naked sewing until this very moment. It is odd where thoughts can take you.

Mary Johnson said...

My upstairs sewing room gets warm during the day too but I've been using a small fan and working for shorter periods...one of these days I'm going to get a ceiling fan installed.