Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Christmas Lights - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt


Initially, I thought No New Projects, but....... I didn't want to miss the fun. Working on a mystery quilt is exciting. At our last Silver Thimbles Sewing Day, Brenda, Cindi, Gretchen, Karin, and Kristie had the lastest issue of Quiltmaker magazine ready to commit to making this new mystery quilt. We don't know what the quilt will look like, but do know that Bonnie likes small pieces and that we like her quilt patterns. I dug through my fabric stash and found enough yardage of two colors- green and black- to use fabric I already own. Saturday at Sweet Home, I purchased a gold and red to coordinate with my black and green fabruc. I found a stack of four patches left-over from my Orange Crush project that I can use in this quilt. I have stripes of lights and darks already cut. I plan on using the directions from Orange Crush to make the triangles using 3 1/2 inch strips and the Easy Angle ruler instead of the directions in the magazine. I think 3 1/2 inch strips will do the job. I haven't worked on this step, yet. I plan to look at the Moda Stash Bag that I purchased in the Spring from Sweet Home (see this blog post). Some of those strips will look great in this project.



To get the icon to put on your blog sidebar go to The Quilkmaker Blog -Quilty Pleasures.

Bonnie's Yahoo Group, quiltvillechat, is also a good place to see photos of the mystery quilt in progress, to ask opinions or to get answers to questions. See Bonnie's website, www.quiltville.com to link to the Yahoo Group and join the Yahoo Group.

1 comment:

julieQ said...

I am making this one too!!! It is great fun, can't wait to see yours. I love that quilt on the magazine cover, too.