Sunday, March 1, 2009

Acceptance Status: Admit


Who ever thought that the word, Admit, would bring such joy. On Thursday, our son received word that he was accepted or admited to the university that he would like to attend. What a relief! This is actually his second choice, but probably the best choice for him. We can know begin the next stage, which is sending money to reserve his spot and dorm room. Next Saturday, we will drive to the university in Middle Georgia (about 90 miles from our home) for a special day for first time Freshmen. It should be helpful. We will be very near Sweet Home Quilt Shop on our drive home. Maybe, I can bribe Michael into making a detour:) 


6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hooray!!! So glad to hear he was accepted!!!

merrily row said...

Congratulations to you and your son. The adventure should be wonderful. One question, should we refer to GCSU as LSU east????? Just kidding, fabulous news.

Unknown said...

What great news, congratulations.
Glad you are feeling better and I don't think the snow will impact on tomorrow except for making a mess and causing some driving issues in the AM. Be careful and be safe

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Congratulations, Becky! I'm sure you are proud and Michael must be thrilled. Now begins the real fun...doling out the cash! --grin--And GCSU is just the right distance - far enough that he can be independent, but not so far that you can't get to him if you need to!

A side trip to SHQC on the way home is definately in order, I think!

Unknown said...

Tell Michael that I said congratulations. Hope yo enjoyed your snow day.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Congratulations to Michael and Mom and Dad... Such a great time in life for you and your family.

I will save my Bed Bath and Beyond coupons for you...setting up a dorm is $$$ although I'm sure the experience is different with boys..

My design wall is free for you to lay out M's quilt...Then I could get another visit from you! (secret motive,aren't I sneeky)

P