Friday, March 20, 2009

National Quilting Day


Saturday is National Quilting Day. How will you celebrate this most favorite holiday? My quilting club  The Silver Thimble Club meets tomorrow from 10 to 3. I plan to sew and sew and sew. I cut the binding for two quilts. The quilts are at the long-arm quilter, but I want to have the binding ready to attach when they are quilted.  I also cut some 10 inch flannel squares and batting for a rag quilt. I chose blue and tan flannel from my fabric stash. I dont' have alot of flannel, but I've been mentally planning this quilt for several years. My plan is to donate this quilt to the Gwinnett Quilter's Guild's Just for You service project. These quilts are donated to children who are in the hospital with serious illnesses. The guild collects several hundred quilts each year. I want to make one for an older child, especially an older teen boy. This quilt will also be easy to sew while we talk, laugh and have a great time.


Sunday, Patchwork Cottage will have it's grand opening. Patchwork Cottage is our newest quilt shop. It opened in early Febrary. Mita, the owner, has invited Pat Sloan to help celebrate her grand opening. I'm hoping to spend some time at the shop visiting with Pat and enjoying the new shop. Well, maybe I'll do a little shopping:)
 It sounds like great fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope to see you tomorrow. Missed you at Thimbles.

Gretchen said...

Hope you had a good time! I missed seeing everyone at Thimbles!!!