Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ground Breaking



Our family belongs to a church with a huge congregation. I'm not a numbers person so any figure I would quote would be wrong. I do know that at holidays, Easter and Christmas, three masses are said in different parts of the building. The past couple of years, much deliberation, research, prayer and fund-raising has occured about our worship space. A decision was made to build a new sanctuary. Today, was the ground-breaking ceremony and blessing. I've never been part of a new building project. We've always been part of well-established churches. It's rather exciting. No religious organization is perfect. We're dealing with lots of personalities in any place. It will be interesting to see this building project develop, another new  experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new church, that would be exciting. I have always belonged to an older church too.